VR Gameplay programmer
To support the growth of our core team, we’re looking for a game developer with deep knowledge of C++ and familiar with Unreal Engine or other game engines.
You will work mainly with XR technologies (VR, MR, AR) and cross-platform videogames: we work both on “serious” solutions, like our VR simulations and trainings, and our own games.
This is a dynamic and highly creative role where you will have the opportunity to influence the core of development of every project we create in AnotheReality.
You will develop new projects and improve our internal technology stack, while doing research studies and constant self-improvement as well.
You will work in a startup environment, close to rest of the team made up of other game developers and artists, so being a proactive team player will be crucial. Besides tackling the more challenging technical aspects of the game development, you will have a good overview of the whole project and you’ll be all-knowing about code architecture and best practices for programming.
No prior experience with VR technologies is required for this role, as you will learn this under our guidance, but having familiarity and general understanding of it is mandatory.
- Minimum 2 years of previous work experience or personal projects as a programmer using a game engine
- Excellent practical programming skills in C++ and OOP
- Excellent ability to setup system architecture and create technical parts of the game, solving issues and identifying solutions
- Able to deep-dive debug and optimize
- Knowledge of 3D math
- Enthusiastic team worker able to self-organize and continuously looking to improve products and processes
- Passion and enthusiasm for videogames
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- C# programming skills
- Knowledge of Unity3D
- Knowledge of AI programming
- Knowledge of network programming
- Low level Engine programming
- Previous experience working on VR headsets or MR glasses
- A degree in computer science, games development or equivalent.
- A friendly, dynamic, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with personal and career progression
- Diverse and challenging projects, with a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
- Flexible hours and days
- A lot VR and MR tech to play with!
- Great location easy to reach in the Navigli area of Milan, with bars, restaurants, and one of the main nightlife locations
Employment type is full-time, on-site in Milan, Italy, Navigli area.
Remote work can be considered upon familiarizing with the team, and having space, hardware and good connection at disposal.