Junior/Mid Unity Developer
We are looking for a Junior/Mid Unity Developer proficient with Unity and C# to join us in creating and guiding our projects, ranging from VR simulators to multiplayer worlds (?metaverses!) where people can practice and learn new skills by playing actual games.
We believe in the power of XR and games applied not only for pure entertainment but also to help businesses solve problems and give value: based on the use case, we choose the best technology (be it Virtual Reality, WebGL, other platforms or a combination of them) and the best solution (single/multiplayer, learning game, simulation…), and design on it.
As a Unity Developer in AnotheReality, you will analyze and develop projects, determining your timings and complexities but then owning them with responsibility. You will also use and contribute to our proprietary development kit, Reflectis, which can significantly speed up the development time of our projects, and we improve it constantly. You will work with the other production departments, with the design and creative directions, and you’ll also face clients and business partners to understand their needs or to explain what our hard technical choices mean for them, why we’re taking them and the tradeoffs, in terms they can understand.
The position is open for Juniors (who have complete at least one stage experience) and Mids with some years of working experience. Seniors are welcome as well to apply and will be evaluated case by case. Juniors with zero working experience can apply for a stage (paid internship) position!
In general, the person we’re looking for is not the genius lone wolf developer: we’re looking for someone who is technically good but is able to discuss with others, and is able to listen to others and compromise when needed.
Also, all the other departments are your teammates: you will aim with them to achieve common goals, working in symbiosis and encouraging a cohesive working climate.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineers to develop and refine key systems for our tech, adapting them on multiple projects
- Communicate in an effective way both to the technical team and to non-technical people, to ask questions and explain technical choices when necessary
- “With great power comes great responsibility”: make decisions. And understand when it’s time to cut, what to cut and what to keep
- Plan future developments with the support of the other developers including scope, trade-offs and risks
- Develop solutions coherent with the agreed design and check for potential inconsistencies
- Implement features writing good, optimized and well organized code
- Be able to contribute and agree to a feature plan and following it, keeping a high level of ownership and accountability
- Stay up-to-date with state of the art technology and coding practices, promoting their use within the studio
- 1– 4 years of industry experience with Unity, with proven track record of completed projects
- Strong Unity engine knowledge and practical programming skills in C#
- A good understanding of networked solutions and web services
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge foundation
- Excellent ability in creating technical parts of the application, solving issues and identifying solutions
- A good communicator, willing to help others and share knowledge also to non-gamer or non-technical people
- Passion for games, XR and cutting edge technology
- Curious and willing to work on a wide variety of challenges
- Fluent in Italian and English, written and spoken
Ideal Bonus Skills
- Good knowledge of VR and AR design principles
- Working knowledge of the 3D assets production pipeline
- Machine Learning development
- Web XR related technologies (A-Frame, Three,js,…)
- Project management experience is a big plus
- Extra skills outside the sphere of game development are always welcome
- A friendly, transparent and ambitious working environment
- Diverse and challenging projects, with a high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Flat structure and little to none bureaucracy
- Personal and career development, with seniors developers mentoring you
- A lot of VR / AR to play with!
NOTE: if you do not have prior working experience developing on VR/AR technologies do not worry! Even though having it is definitely a plus, we think that you can learn to work with them with the help of the team.
Employment type is full-time, on-site in Milan, Italy.
Yearly Salary Range: € 26K – 40K
Currently on-site working, with occasional remote work agreed with your manager or lead.
Full remote work opportunities are evaluated only for freelancing.