Senior 3D artist
We are looking for a Senior 3D Artist to join us in creating and guiding our real-time projects (no CGI or renders), ranging from VR simulators to multiplayer worlds (?metaverses!) where people can practice and learn new skills by playing actual games.
We believe in the power of XR and games applied not only for pure entertainment but also to help businesses solve problems and give value: based on the use case, we choose the best technology (be it Virtual Reality, Mobile, other platforms or all of them) and the best solution (single/multiplayer, learning game, simulation…), and create it.
As a Senior 3D Game Artist in AnotheReality, you will have to work on the graphical development of our projects, from modeling to engine integration (most of our projects are in Unity), ensuring high visual quality yet maintaining gameplay performant and functional.
We need someone dynamic, highly creative, problem-solver, proactive and versatile regarding art styles (from realistic to stylized) and doesn’t stop at the first idea, able to take the right decisions for optimizing the visual on different devices.
We value all team members’ input to the projects, as we believe that we are game developers first, and specialists second.
This is not a junior or a mid position: we’re looking for someone who is technically good but is able to share ideas, to listen to others and able to analyze the challenges of a project and how to achieve the final style working closely with the creative director.
We are looking for someone able to compromise when needed, analyze pros and cons of choices.
We’re not looking for a lone wolf: we’re looking for someone who will share knowledge and work in contact with junior artists and mid level resources, helping and mentoring them. Also, all the other departments are your teammates: you will aim with them to achieve common goals, working in symbiosis with designers and developers and encouraging a cohesive working climate.
- Build 3D assets and environments and manage them through the full production pipeline, from modeling to engine optimization, also starting from concepts
- Proactively work with the team to ensure run-time performance, reducing content complexity, lighting cost, draw calls, etc., while maintaining visual quality
- Estimate and organize work activities, stick to the schedules and manage work time efficiently, also being responsible and supervise junior/mid artists job and deliveries
- Collaborate with designers, other artists and engineers to develop and refine key systems for our tech and real-time solutions
- Communicate in an effective way both to the technical team and to non-technical people, to ask questions and explain technical choices when necessary
- Make decisions and understand when it’s time to cut, what to cut and what to keep
- Ensure that creative, quality and budgetary goals are met
- Mentor other members of the team as needed and check the quality of their work
- Participate in creative and design sessions for ongoing and new projects, search for references when needed and validate artistic choices with creative director
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process of other artists
- 6+ years of experience in game production, with proven track record demonstrating artistic sense and technical skills
- Experience working with Unity Engine, managing and profiling graphical features
- Proficiency in full 3D production pipeline, from an idea until final integration and tuning in the engine
- Being a pro with you favorite 3D modeling software (Blender/Maya and/or other), Adobe Substance 3D Painter and Designer, familiar with the majority of modern 3D software packages
- Knowledge of real time rendering concepts, resource limits and optimization even for mobile devices
- Knowledge of animation, rigging and skinning
- Able to understand and follow creative direction requirements, analyzing timing and delivery plans with a problem-solving attitude
- Superior eye for light, shading (not necessarily coded), color and detail in creating texture maps with a strong attention to detail
- Passion for games, XR and cutting-edge technology
- Diligent, positive, able to receive constructive criticism
- A good communicator, willing to help others and share knowledge also to non-gamer or non-technical people and generally a nice person to have around
- Able to mentor other junior artist and to delegate work
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
Ideal Plus Skills
- Good knowledge of VR and AR design principles
- Basic knowledge of coding
- 2D Art skills (concept or UI)
- Experience creating VFX
- Extra skills outside the sphere of game development are always welcome
- A friendly, transparent and ambitious working environment
- Diverse and challenging projects, with a high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Flat structure and little to none bureaucracy
- Personal and career development
- A lot of VR / AR to play with!
NOTE: if you do not have prior experience with VR/AR technologies do not worry! Even though having it is definitely a plus, we think that you can learn to work with them under our guidance if you have the right interest and motivation.
Yearly Salary Range: € 30K – 40K
Currently in hybrid working (presence/remote), upon agreement with your manager.
Full remote work opportunities are evaluated only for freelancing.