The AnotheReality art department is growing, and we’re now looking for a Technical Artist to join our core team in Milan!
As part of the art team this position’s focus is to work on the graphical development of our projects, from modeling to engine integration, ensuring high visual quality yet maintaining gameplay performant and functional.
As a Technical Artist, you’ll mainly work on XR-based projects and cross-platform videogames: we work both on serious and creative solutions, ranging from VR simulations to mobile games, while developing our libraries, tools and own IPs. Most of our projects are in Unity, so you’ll have to be mainly proficient with it!
This is a dynamic, challenging and highly creative role where you will have to be versatile and deal with different art styles, finding the best solution for each project. As a small team of developers, each individual has a huge impact on the final product that we deliver, and you’ll be able to make significant.
- Collaborate with the development team to advance our state of real-time and immersive experiences, striving for high graphic quality and optimal performance.
- Build 3D assets and manage them through the full production pipeline, from modeling to engine optimization, shading, lighting and material authoring
- Proactively work with the team to ensure run-time performance, reducing content complexity, lighting cost, draw calls, etc., while maintaining visual quality
- Assist the art team to standardize and improve development processes, staying up to date with latest trends and tools in the industry
- Participate in creative and design sessions for ongoing and new projects
- 2+ years of experience in game production, with proven track record demonstrating artistic sense and technical skills
- Experience working with Unity Engine, managing and profiling graphical features
- Proficiency in full 3D workflow, from modeling to game ready asset integrated in-engine.
- Proficiency in Blender/3DS Max/Maya, Substance Suite and familiar with the majority of modern 3D software packages
- Understanding and experience of mobile device limitations
- Able to understand and follow creative direction requirements
- Strong attention to detail with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to debug graphical features and optimize them
- Passion for games, XR and cutting-edge technology
- Diligent, positive, able to receive constructive criticism
- Excellent communication skills and generally a nice person to have around
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ideal Plus Skills
- Good knowledge of VR and AR design principles
- 2D Art skills
- Experience creating VFX
- Extra skills outside the sphere of game development are always welcome
- A friendly, dynamic and ambitious working environment
- Diverse and challenging projects, with a high degree of freedom and responsibility.
- Flat structure and little to none bureaucracy
- Personal and career development
- Flexible hours and days
- A lot of VR/AR to play with!
NOTE: if you do not have prior experience with VR/AR technologies do not worry! Even though having it is definitely a plus, we think that you can learn to work with them under our guidance if you have the right interest and motivation.
Employment type is full-time, on-site in Milan, Italy, Lambrate Area (Udine, M2 metro).
Occasional remote work can be considered upon familiarizing with the team and processes, and having space, hardware and good connection at disposal.