Technical Game Designer (Unity) for XR and gaming applications
We’re looking for a Technical Game Designer to join us and become a key member of our team, helping us to shape our VR/AR and gaming projects.
In AnotheReality we mainly develop VR/AR applications and videogames, aimed mostly to the B2B field: we help our clients to solve real problems through those technologies, improving their processes while adding a layer of entertainment.
Few years ago we started to develop internal tools and libraries to speed-up the development of our solutions, and we’re now working to publish those tools as a product for everyone, including open source code and liveops services.
The TD we’re looking for is someone who can apply game design principles to our projects, who can think with the user’s perspective and define mechanics and interactions, be it a videogame or a more serious XR project, and can prototype autonomously using Unity and other development tools.
This is a very dynamic and creative role where you will have the opportunity to influence the core of development of our product and every project we create in AnotheReality.
- Understand requirements from briefs and design proper XR or gaming solutions
- Work with the team or on your own to define the systems and the mechanics, contributing with your expertise
- Explain experience flow and mechanics in an effective way both to the technical team and to non-technical people
- Prototype autonomously and contribute to the development of the projects writing scripts where needed
- Create and maintain design documentation
- Own the product vision and ensure that creative, quality and budgetary goals are met
- Mentor other members of the team as needed
- Stay up-to-date with state of the art technology and design practices, promoting their use within the studio
- 3+ years of industry experience, with proven track record of completed projects
- Strong Unity engine knowledge and basic scripting skills with C#
- Deep knowledge of gameplay mechanics and motivation drivers
- Able to use repositories such as Git or Perforce
- Enthusiastic team worker able to self-organize and continuously looking to improve the quality of our products and efficiency of our development
- Passion for games, XR and cutting edge technology
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to mentor others
- Fluent in English
Ideal Bonus Skills
- Good knowledge of VR and AR design principles
- Working knowledge of the 3D assets production pipeline
- Experience with spreadsheets and functions
- Knowledge of UX Design
- Knowledge of Photoshop, PowerPoint or other “visual” tools
- Experience in pitching
- Extra skills outside the sphere of game development are always welcome
- A friendly, dynamic and ambitious working environment
- Diverse and challenging projects, with a high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Flat structure and little to none bureaucracy
- Personal and career development
- Flexible hours and days
- A lot of VR / AR to play with!
NOTE: if you do not have prior working experience developing on VR/AR technologies do not worry! Even though having it is definitely a plus, we think that you can learn to work with them with the help of the team.
Employment type is full-time, on-site in Milan, Italy.
Yearly Salary Range: € 30K – 40K
Currently in hybrid working (presence / remote), with % determined based on assignment-related requirements.
Full remote work opportunities can be evaluated for freelancing contracts.