XR Gameplay programmer
Due to continued growth, AnotheReality is looking for an experienced game programmer (Unreal Engine 4 or Unity) to join our core team.
You will work mainly with XR technologies and cross-platform videogames: we work both on “serious” and creative solutions, ranging from VR simulations to mobile branded games, while developing our libraries and tools for quality and fast development.
This is a dynamic, challenging and highly creative role where you will have the opportunity to influence the core of development of every project we create in AnotheReality.
We work with Unity or Unreal depending on the project, and we’re also creating a bigger project aligned with our startup long-term vision which will require to support both engines. You will have to know very well one of those two engines, and at least a basic knowledge of the other one.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineers to develop and refine key systems for multiple projects and multiple technologies
- Work with the team or on your own to define the system plan and scope of the work, contributing with your expertise
- Develop solutions that are simple to read, easy to maintain and easy for other disciplines to interact with
- Implement gameplay features writing good, optimized and well organized code
- Ensuring that creative, quality and budgetary goals are met, keeping a high level of ownership and accountability
- Mentor other members of the team as needed
- Stay up-to-date with state of the art technology and coding practices, promoting their use within the studio
- 4+ years of industry experience, with proven track record in closing projects from start to finish
- Strong engine knowledge (Unity/Unreal)
- Excellent practical programming skills in C++ and C#
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge foundation
- Excellent ability to setup system architecture and create technical parts of the game, solving issues and identifying solutions
- Able to deep-dive debug and optimize
- Enthusiastic team worker able to self-organize and continuously looking to improve the quality of our products and efficiency of our development
- Passion for games, XR and cutting edge technology
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to mentor others
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
Ideal Bonus Skills
- Good knowledge of VR and AR design principles
- AI development
- Multiplayer / Networking knowledge
- Extra skills outside the sphere of game development are always welcome
- Diverse and challenging projects, with a high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Flat structure and little to none bureaucracy
- A friendly, dynamic and ambitious working environment
- Personal and career development
- Flexible hours and days
- A lot of VR/AR to play with!
- Easy to reach location (2 mins by foot to metro station) with adjacent TV studios, cafeteria and restaurants
NOTE: if you do not have prior experience with VR/AR technologies do not worry! Even though having it is definitely a plus, we think that you can learn to work with them under our guidance if you have the right interest and motivation.
Employment type is full-time, on-site in Milan, Italy, Lambrate Area (Udine, M2 metro).
Occasional remote work can be considered upon familiarizing with the team and processes, and having space, hardware and good connection at disposal.