Unity Developer (C#) for XR and gaming applications
We’re looking for a Unity Developer with engineering and programming skills in C# to join us and become a key member of our team, helping us to shape our VR/AR and gaming projects.
In AnotheReality we mainly develop VR/AR applications and videogames, aimed mostly to the B2B field: we help our clients to solve real problems through those technologies, improving their processes while adding a layer of entertainment.
Few years ago we started to develop internal tools and libraries to speed-up the development of our solutions, and we’re now working to publish those tools as a product for everyone, including open source code and liveops services.
That’s where you come in: you’ll help us to evolve our product crafting VR and AR elements that are reusable but at the same time polished, and you will validate your own work reusing it on specific projects, creating a process of reiteration and constant improvement between R&D and production.
This is a dynamic, “structured” but also highly creative role where you will have the opportunity to influence the core of development of our product and every project we create in AnotheReality.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineers to develop and refine key systems for our tech, adapting them on multiple projects
- Work with the team or on your own to define the system plan and scope of the work, contributing with your expertise
- Develop solutions that are simple to read, easy to maintain and easy for other disciplines to interact with
- Implement gameplay features writing good, optimized and well organized code
- Ensuring that creative, quality and budgetary goals are met, keeping a high level of ownership and accountability
- Mentor other members of the team as needed
- Stay up-to-date with state of the art technology and coding practices, promoting their use within the studio
- 3+ years of industry experience, with proven track record of completed projects
- Strong Unity engine knowledge and practical programming skills in C#
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge foundation
- Excellent ability to setup system architecture and create technical parts of the application, solving issues and identifying solutions
- Able to deep-dive debug and optimize
- Enthusiastic team worker able to self-organize and continuously looking to improve the quality of our products and efficiency of our development
- Passion for games, XR and cutting edge technology
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to mentor others
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
Ideal Bonus Skills
- Good knowledge of VR and AR design principles
- AI development
- Web XR related technologies (A-Frame, Three,js,…)
- Extra skills outside the sphere of game development are always welcome
- A friendly, dynamic and ambitious working environment
- Diverse and challenging projects, with a high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Flat structure and little to none bureaucracy
- Personal and career development
- Flexible hours and days
- A lot of VR / AR to play with!
NOTE: if you do not have prior working experience developing on VR/AR technologies do not worry! Even though having it is definitely a plus, we think that you can learn to work with them with the help of the team.
Employment type is full-time, on-site in Milan, Italy.
Yearly Salary Range: € 30K – 40K
Currently in hybrid working (presence / remote), with % determined based on assignment-related requirements.
Full remote work opportunities can be evaluated for freelancing contracts.